To the extent feasible, the membership of the Council shall represent the diverse populations of the state of Kentucky. The Council shall seek membership and varying levels of participation from consumers, advocacy organizations, service providers, and relevant federal, state, and local agency representatives and others to facilitate collaboration across Kentucky to address the needs of the homeless and work to alleviate and prevent homelessness.
The membership of the Council shall include the Executive Committee, the Steering Committee, and the Chairpersons of the Policy Committee.
Under KRS 194A.735(10)(b), the Council shall include but not be limited to the following members:
- The secretary of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services;
- The executive director of the Homeless and Housing Coalition of Kentucky;
- The chief executive officer of the Kentucky Housing Corporation;
- The commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Veterans’ Affairs;
- The secretary of the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet;
- The secretary of the Education and Workforce Development Cabinet;
- The secretary of the Transportation Cabinet;
- The executive director of the Administrative Office of the Courts;
- The state budget director;
- A representative from the Kentucky Housing Association, representing public housing authorities,
- 11. An individual who has previously experienced homelessness and addiction.
Current committees include: Data, Public Will, Services/Prevention, Supportive Housing
*updated info of each person in each committee soon to come