- Commit state’s leadership to forge partnerships among state agencies that allow communities to achieve local solutions to end homelessness.
- Develop and implement continued planning strategies.
- Develop a comprehensive, public education program to familiarize all stakeholders and the general public on issues related to homelessness.
- Access and commit the resources necessary to develop new units of supportive housing.
- Create evaluation and tracking systems to measure outcomes and guide future planning.
The following are strategies to accomplish the Council’s mission and goals.
- Create interagency collaboration.
- Maximize targeted efforts to influence and improve systemic efficiency, policy development and service delivery.
- Establish policies throughout the state to resolve the causes of homelessness rather than treating the symptoms of homelessness.